To prepare for an outage, we suggest you:
- Have a storm kit ready that includes flashlights, bottled water, non-perishable food, a battery operated radio, batteries, portable cellphone chargers that are fully charged, hand sanitizer and first-aid supplies.
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating or accessing medicines and using power-dependent medical devices.
- Find out where your local storm shelters are and have a plan for getting there, if it is necessary and safe to do so.
During a power outage:
- Montor the PVREA App for alerts.
- Or call us to report an outage at 1.800.432.1012
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed to preserve food.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows and doors; do not use them in a garage.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- If weather conditions allow, check on neighbors. This is especially important since cellphone and internet communications may be disrupted and they may be unable to call for help.
Date Published: Tuesday | January 26, 2021