In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and our contractor Foothills Energy are working on the following projects:
- Multiple crews continue to work on new subdivisions in Windsor, Berthoud, Severance, Johnstown and Timnath.
- A crew is working in the area around the new school in Wellington converting overhead lines to underground and installing services and lights to the new school.
- A crew continues to work on our fiber project in the Livermore area.
- A crew will be working along Highway 1 and Douglas Road area upgrading poles and conductor. This project will be finished in approximately two weeks.
- A crew will be starting pole change-outs from our drone inspections in the Longmont and Lyons areas.
Foothills Tree Experts is trimming in the North Longmont, Lyons and Hygiene areas. When complete they will be moving to South Longmont and Gunbarrel areas.
We have begun our scheduled tree trimming for 2021 throughout our service territory. We will be sending postcards to members in anticipation of work in your areas. To view a full map of 2021 tree trimming, please click here.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
If you would like to tell us how we did on recent tree trimming on your property, please fill out the survey found here.
Power Pole Inspections
Power pole inspections for 2021 have not yet started.
Periodically, PVREA utilizes drones to conduct equipment inspections. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. Drone inspections for 2021 have not yet started. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.
Fiber Installation - Grid Improvement Project
PVREA’s contractor, MasTec, is installing fiber optic cable on our existing overhead power lines and through our existing underground electric corridors. The crews are currently working in the Windsor, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley and Severance, Masonville, Stove Prairie/Rist Canyon, Berthoud and Loveland areas. You may see bucket trucks and crews with boring equipment in your area as we work on this project throughout our entire service territory. We will only operate in our right-of-way; if we do not have proper access, we will work with members to gain access. Learn more about this project.