In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen and/or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our system. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to you, our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and our contractor Foothills Energy are working on the following projects:
- Multiple crews continue to work on new subdivisions in Windsor, Severance, Greeley, and Timnath.
- Two crews are working the Kersey and Galeton area, replacing old poles and porcelain insulators.
- Two crews continue upgrading the overhead line through Sedona Hills going South to the Carter Lake filtration plant and are roughly half-way complete with this project.
- New underground tie line from the Kodak substation to help support the growth in the Severance area is complete with the first phase.
- Multiple crews continue working small member jobs across our system.
Foothills Tree Experts are trimming in the Waverly area. They will be heading to the Wellington area next.
We will send postcards to members in anticipation of work in your areas. To view a full map of 2021 tree trimming, please click here.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
If you would like to tell us how we did on recent tree trimming on your property, please fill out the survey found here.
Power Pole Inspections
During 2021, we inspected roughly 7,500 poles.
We will resume power pole inspections in early January. Many poles that we recently tested will be re-inspected.
We utilize drones to look for trees that need trimmed and inspect equipment for maintenance problems. Our drone inspections for 2021 are complete, resulting in efficient inspections of over 8,600 poles. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.
Fiber Installation - Grid Improvement Project
PVREA’s contractor, MasTec, is installing fiber optic cable on our existing overhead power lines and through our existing underground electric corridors. The crews are currently working in the Windsor, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley and Severance, Masonville, Stove Prairie/Rist Canyon, Berthoud and Loveland areas. You may see bucket trucks and crews with boring equipment in your area as we work on this project throughout our entire service territory. We will only operate in our right-of-way; if we do not have proper access, we will work with members to gain access. Learn more about this project.