Where to Start
First confirm your new property location does not already have electric service. If it does, complete our Start Service Application.
If your property does not currently have electrical service, make sure your address is within our service territory.
For new electric services in our service territory, continue with the steps below.
Small Business & Commercial Projects
Builders, contractors, and commercial and industrial developers have access to our member resources. Together, we can power your new project.
Get the safe, reliable, and affordable power you need with the added value of your cooperative membership. We’ll work with you from design to completion.
Subdivisions & Commercial Developments
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our energy experts to connect your new project.
Necessary for new residential subdivisions, industrial and multi-use parks, and other large electrical load requests.
Steps to Start Service
- Contact us during business hours to start the conversation. Be sure to have the service address or parcel number available.
- Depending on your energy needs, you may be required to submit a completed Large Load Inquiry Form along with a completed Motor Data Form, and other requested information to determine feasibility of service.
- One of our Energy Experts will schedule a field meeting to determine the requirements and location of the electric service.
- The service will then be designed and the member will be provided with an estimate.
- Once the estimate is paid, we will work with you to get various paperwork filed and procedures in motion leading up to scheduling construction.
- The service will then be scheduled with construction, and later it will be built.
- You must then have an inspection performed by the authority having jurisdiction, typically the city or county in which the property resides.
- Once we have received notification of a successful inspection by the authority, a meter will be set, and the service will be energized.