Whether you’re a school bus driver or a student riding one, it’s important for you to know what to do in the event that power lines come into contact with your bus. Here are a few safety tips and rules to follow:
- Stay calm and stay inside the vehicle.
- Call 911 or call your co-op at 800.432.1012.
- Warn others to stay away from the vehicle.
- Stay seated, and do not exit the vehicle until utility crews say it is safe to do so.
- If you must exit the vehicle because it is on fire, jump clear of it with your feet together and without touching the vehicle and ground at the same time.
- Keeping your feet together, shuffle or “bunny hop” to safety.
Date Published: Thursday | April 28, 2022